Wednesday, September 1, 2010

JSwing

I never thought that I would use JSwing in any of my applications but this summer, JSwing has been my bamboo.

I love how easy it is to create Swing applications using GUI components.  I have used it in four applications so far; 2 very simple and 2 somewhat complicated.  The main purpose of the 2 very simple applications were to parse information from a certain file and convert it into another.  With JSwing, I added a console that can help the user figure out where in the file the program is currently looking at.  I felt like the idea was good, however, the program parsed the file in couple seconds.....so the console was useless :( ....maybe if they try to parse a much LARGER file..... Anywho, the only thing that disappoints me about JSwing is the inability to use undo action on JTables.  The two complicated project uses JTable to communicate with the information and I saw that one of them needed an undo function.  After 30 minutes of searching for a solution, I ended up creating my own version that would undo anything except creating a row and deleting a row.

Overall, I feel like JSwing is a very important part of learning how to use Java.  If anyone is starting to use Java I recommend looking into it.

Taka, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment